Easy Dessert Recipe - Cassava Cake
Cassava Cake Recipe
Cassava cake is a dessert served in many occasions especially during Christmas seasons. You can easily buy it from any street vendors when you happened to pass by after attending mass. But you can actually make one if you are really willing to spend some time to cook it. Just follow the recipe below and you will definitely succeed in making a delicious cassava cake dessert.
2 pounds cassava (grated)
1 can sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz.)
1 can evaporated Milk (12 oz)
1 can coconut Milk (14 oz)
1 can coconut Cream (13 oz)
2/3 Cup Sugar
3 Egg Whites
1 cup coconut (grated)
For the toppings:
3 Egg Yokes
1/3 Cup Reserved Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 Cup Reserved Coconut Milk
1/3 Cup Reserved Coconut Cream
How to cook:
1. Mix all the ingredients that you prepared into a big bowl. But be sure not to include the ingredients for the toppings.
2. Pour the mixture into large moulder or a pan.
3. Place it into the oven and set it into a temperature which is approximately 3250 F.
4. Let it be baked for about 30 minutes.
5. Mix also the ingredients for the toppings in a separate bowl.
6. Add the toppings into the baked cake. Then pour the toppings evenly into it.
7. Bake it again to about 15 to 30 minutes.
8. Let it cool and serve.
MORE FILIPINO FOOD RECIPES HERE:
- filipinofoods on HubPages
I'm a restaurant owner in Manila, Philippines. Cooking Filipino foods and other Asian dishes is my passion. I am proud of Filipino culture and have...