Cauliflower And Watercress Soup
My favorite recipes are the ones that are easy, do not take much time, and come out amazingly great. This is one such recipe, the first time I tried it I was skeptical that it would turn out because of the very few ingredients, but it really does become a restaurant quality soup in under and hour with very little effort. I use butter and chicken stock which can easily be substituted with oil and vegetable stock to make this vegan. Enjoy!
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 bunch Watercress, rinsed, bottom stems removed
- 1 pinch White Pepper (or black)
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- Heat the oil in a pot and add the chopped onion, simmer until well caramelized and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the 4 cups of stock, cauliflower, and white pepper to the pot, stir to combine and cover. Simmer on medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the cauliflower is soft and tender.
- Turn off the heat, add the watercress and cover for 5 minutes.
- When the watercress is properly wilted, transfer the soup to a blender (usually working in batches) and blend until smooth, about 30-45 seconds per batch. Transfer back to pot, heat through and adjust salt if necessary, and serve.