Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Cauliflower Cheese Soup has always been a comfort soup in our home. I always double this recipe because my family likes leftovers. This soup is also very good served cold.
Cauliflower Cheese soup can be served with a variety of meals, potlucks or even for the holidays.
I remember the story that my Mother-in-Law told me about one time when she tried to serve my daughter some canned soup and my daughter replied "Grandma, I want Cauliflower Cheese Soup" to which my Mother-in-Law replied "I don't know how to make Cauliflower Cheese Soup." My daughter was very young at the time, it was very heartwarming.
For an easy meatless meal I like to serve it with a baked potato and Ciabatta bread.
Marvel's The Avengers [HD]
- 1/2 Head Cauliflower, Flowerets
- 2 Tbs Butter or Margarine
- 1-1/4 c Water
- 2/3 c Cheez Whiz
- 1/2 c Half-and Half
- 1 Tsp (1 cube) Instant Chicken Bouillon
- Dash Ground Nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 c White Cooking Wine
- 1/2 Green, Red or Yellow Pepper, Julienne
- 1/4 c Yellow Onion
- Cook and stir cauliflower in butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat about 3 minutes. Add peppers and onions and cook an additional 3 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Stir in water, Cheese Whiz, half-and-half, instant bouillon and nutmeg. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, stir in wine; heat about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle Paprika over soup. I also sprinkle Paprika over each individual bowl of soup before serving.