- Food and Cooking»
How to Make a Starbucks Chai Tea Latte
Take the Poll!
Do you enjoy Chai-Tea Lattes?
Starbucks Chai-Tea Latte at Home!
Beyond the usual line of straight up coffees and fancy Americanos, Lattes, and Cappuccinos, the Chai Tea Latte is emerging as a public favorite. Combining a number of spices, milk, tea and caffeine into a delightful combination, Chai tea lattes are amazing.
Despite their popularity however, not many people know the history of Chai Tea, or what it is.
Lets take a closer look at the excitement behind Chai tea lattes, along with an easy recipe for you to try at home.
What is Chai Tea anyways?
Chai Tea begins with black tea and a number of spices are added. These spices are known for their use in India.
What spices go in Chai-Tea?
Spices to add to Chai-Tea:
- black pepper
Is Chai-Tea healthy for you?
Chai Tea is often prepared with a thicker cream or milk instead of water, to create a full drink.
Whether it is prepared with water or milk however, the ingredients in chia tea include many things good for the body like powerful antioxidants.
Chai Black Tea:
Where does Chai Tea come from?
Chai Tea originated in India, where it was known to preserve health and give peace of mind.
There were a number of versions of chai tea, each consisting of different ingredients and ratios.
What goes into and can be added to a Chai Tea Latte?
- Black tea
How to Make Starbucks Copy-Cat Chai-Tea Lattes at Home:
Though you may be thinking that chai tea lattes are to difficult to make at home, don’t lose hope! You can in fact make your own chai tea lattes as good as those you find at any coffee shop.
That being said, included below is an excellent Chai Tea Latte that is sure to please.
Please note that this is a quick and easy recipe and is not intended to be taken as an "authentic" version of the Chai Tea Latte.
- 2 Chai Tea Bags
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 cup Whole Milk, (to ensure a very creamy latte)
- 1/8 cup Pack Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Half and Half or Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Water
- Whipped-Cream and Ground Nutmeg, for garnish
Instructions for Starbucks Quick, Easy Chai Tea Latte:
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the 1 cup of whole milk, 1/8 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tbsp of half and half or heavy cream. Stir until sugar is dissolved and keep a watchful eye on milk while you do the next step. The milk mixture should be heated thoroughly.
- You'll need a regular coffee-maker (drip coffee-maker). Grab a filter and add the 2 chai tea bags (open and dump them in), 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice. Mix everything together. Brew with just 1 cup of water.
- Pour your cup of brewed tea and spices in with your milk mixture and stir. Divide the Chai Tea Latte into 2 separate glasses. For garnish, add whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon. Now share with a friend and enjoy! *Also good over ice for an Iced Chai Tea Latte