Cheap Quick And Easy Crab Cakes
Just a Thought!
This is not my regular crab cakes. This is just a quick and easy recipe that doesn't cost to much. I spent about 10.00 to make this recipe. I hope you enjoy it and please leave a comment below with your thoughts. I will be adding more recipes I thought this would be fun. One last tip. Each time you add the patties to the oil and there are some on the plate put them in the freezer so they don't loose there stiffness. Thank you for checking out my recipe. :-)
Ingredients Needed for The cakes
- 3 Canned Crab meat, Bumble Bee Crab meat in red can 6 oz Can
- 2 Eggs, Any size egg (I use medium)
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs, Plain bread crumbs (If you use seasoned crumbs the cakes will be to salty)
- 1 Tbsp Mustard, (I usually Eye ball it)
- 3 or 4 tbsp Mayonnaise, (Eye ball that too)
- One Diced onion, (Optional)
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil, (For the pan to fry)
- Dash Old Bay seasoning, (Use as much as you like, But I recommend you don't use to much) The cab meat is salty
- Using a medium mixing bowl, Add your Crab Meat (Carefully drained of the juice) Mix the meat just to break it up.
- Add your Mayonnaise, into the bowl; Followed by the Mustard. Mix Together with a spoon.
- Add your bread crumbs, Fold the Bread crumbs into the mixture.
- Followed by the eggs. You can beat them first before adding them to the ingredients. Mix together.
- Add the diced Onion and mix once again
- Then sprinkle the old bay seasoning into the Mixture then mix one last time.
- Take a little Mix into your hand (How ever size you'd like) and make the patties with your hand, draining any remaining juices while doing so.
- Once you've made you'r patties lay them on a plate and leave them in the fridge for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes Add the canola oil to your pan (Must be about 2 inches of oil in pan. let it heat, (If you throw a bread crumb in your oil and is sizzles it's ready).. When cooking the patties let the patties sit for 3 minutes or until you see the bottom browning before flipping them over followed by another 3 minutes. When you take them out sit them on a paper towel to soak up the oil then they are ready to eat
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 34 g||68%|
|Cholesterol 80 mg||27%|
|Sodium 78 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|