Cheap and Easy! WMD Chili! Get your mind out of the gutter!
Click thumbnail to view full-size
Let 'em Know you liked it!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 1 hour 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour 50 min
Yields: Serves 6
- 1 lb Ground Beef, or Turkey or Whatever you wish
- 1 Cup Onion, Chopped ( I leave them out!!)
- 1/2 Cup Green Bell Pepper, And Red and YELLOW!
- 2 1/2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced), I prefer Garlic powder or dry minced garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf, Or crushed Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin, Don't Over Do IT!
- 4 tsp Jalepeno Peppers, CHopped up or SLiced (you can omit these)
- 2 cans Rotel chiles and tomatoes, (or used diced tomatoes)
- 1 Can tomato sauce
- 1 can Chili beans, (omit if you wish)
- Seasonings!, I use Montreal steak seasoning in everything!
Destructions!!! (Instructions to the rest of you!)
- In a Large Saucepan over medium heat combine onions peppers and your ground meat. Sautee until meat is BROWN (or at least thoroughly cooked! Drain the excess fat (or pour it on your dog's food as a tasty treat!)
- Add remaining ingredients (except beans) and season to taste!
- Bring to a Boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about an hour.
- Add beans and let simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Alternatively, If you are impatient like I am you can boil it for about 20 mins and then simmer for 30. Make sure you are constantly stirring it(I use my ROBOSTIR and yes it works)
- Otherwise, after browning the meat throw it in a crock pot over night on low and when you wake up, you will have chili fine enough for a king!
You could Probably make it healthy..
|Serving size: 1 bowl |
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|