Cheese Pimento With A Twist
New Cheese Pimiento Recipe
How Not To Get Bored With the Taste of Cheese Pimiento
I first learned how to make the traditional cheese pimiento in our Home Economics class in High School. This traditional cheese pimiento recipe is simply a mixture of grated cheese, melted butter and chopped red bell pepper. Another option is to use mayonnaise instead of melted butter.
Since the day I learned the way to make cheese pimiento, I have been regularly making my own at home. But as we all know, we normally get bored with the taste of any food if we eat it all the time. So, I learned to add some different twists into my cheese pimiento to avoid getting bored with its taste.
The first twist that I learned is adding condensed milk in the traditional recipe, then lately I tried adding some pickle relish and then lately instead of pickle relish I tried the canned crushed pineapple. The results of the added twists are all delightful.
Another innovative idea is adding some slices of boiled eggs on top of the spread, or slices of ham or any processed meat you desire.
- Cheese, grated (Filled or Kraft)
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- butter, melted
- condensed milk
- pickle relish or crushed pineapple
- salt, according to your taste
- pepper, according to your taste
Step by Step Procedure
How To Prepare
- I did not include exact measurements in the list of my ingredients above because there is really no exact measurement of ingredients it. The measurements actually depend on your taste. But the amount of cheese that I used in the attached video is one whole pack of 165 grams of cheese. I have it grated. One fourth of one regular rectangular butter which has to be melted first. One big bell pepper chopped thinly, a tablespoon of sweet pickle relish, around half a cup of condensed milk and half teaspoon of salt.
- If you are using fresh bell pepper and not canned bell pepper or pimiento, you have the option to have it cooked quickly in a little water or just use it fresh. When all the ingredients are ready, add the melted butter into the grated cheese, then the chopped bell pepper, followed by condensed milk, then the pickle relish or crushed pineapple, the salt and the ground pepper which is optional. Just mix them all thoroughly to create the best taste. When done, it is ready for eating at anytime you wish.