- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Cheese Stuffed Pea Pods Oriental Openers
These oriental opener cheese stuffed pea pods are delicious and great for snacking, appetizers, or side dishes for your family get together or dinner occasion. These are quite interesting and the stuffed pea pods will certianly impress your guests on how delicious and beautiful your meals are! The pea pods are normally stuffed with a ricotta sort of cheese, but you can use absolutely any type of cheese you may prefer. It is entirely up to you as to what you choose to do! A servings is only 50 calories, so you would have to eat 40 servings in order to get the daily recommended 2000 calories to maintain your weight. That means you have to eat quite a large number of 160 stuffed pea pods in order to get that much. Good luck!
Use a sharp knife to split the pea pods open lengthwise. Then, put the filling in a clear plastic bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and squeeze the filling into each pea pod. Or, put the filling in a decorating bag with a round tip; pipe the filling into the pea pods.
- 1/3 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie soft style cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded radish
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Dash onion salt
- 24 fresh pea pods
- For filling, stir together ricotta cheese, cream cheese, shredded radish, chives, and onion salt. Mix well. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, split pea pods open lengthwise. Stuff each pea pod with filling. Chill till serving time. Serves 6 (4 pea pods each).
50 calories, 3 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 79 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your cheese stuffed adventure!