- Food and Cooking»
- Food For Kids
Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
Please Rate this Recipe
Savoury pepperoni and cheese muffins
My youngest daughter is not a "baker" and pretty much would prefer not to have to be in the kitchen when cooking is involved. However, this simple and tasty recipe piqued her interest and she helped me make a batch in less than 30 minutes. The muffins can be made in advance and frozen for an easy and tasty lunch - the taste of pizza that kids (and adults) love, without the added processed food ingredients.
This recipe makes 10 to 12 medium sized muffins or 6-8 larger ones.
Ingredients for Filling and Dough
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese, NOTE: use cheese of preference or a combination of cheeses
- 1tsp minced garlic plus dried/ fresh basil or oregano
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups whole wheat or multi purpose flour, For gluten free use Red Mills GF AP Flour mix
- 1tbsp baking powder
How to make Pizza Muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease muffin tins or try re-usable silicone baking cups in the muffin tins.
- Stir together all the filling ingredients (Pepperoni, cheese, garlic etc.) In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk and oil, then stir in the combined filling ingredients.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder and blend well. Spoon into the muffin tins/baking cups and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned. Serve hot or cold. Store in fridge or freeze until required.
© 2013 Lizam1