Cheesecake factory Fried Mac and Cheese balls in cream sauce recipe
A very good friend of mine absolutely loves these Fried Mac and Cheese Balls from the Cheesecake factory. I thought I would get this recipe to pass on to her and make them one night for dinner for my family. These are so delicious and rich.The marinara cream sauce served with these is also phenomenal. Be prepared to freeze the rest- because this make a pretty big quantity.
Pampered chef cheese grater
Since these balls need to freeze before frying- please make overnight or at least allow 2 hours for freezing time allowance.
1 3/4 cups of marinara sauce
1 3/4 cups alfredo
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
1/4 cup red wine
1 lb Large elbow macaroni
3 T butter
2 cups whole milk heated and warmed
3 Tablespoons Milk
2 Tablespoons flour
1lb (16 ounces) grated White Sharp cheddar
1lb (16 ounces) smoked Gouda
1Box panko bread crumbs.
Fresh Parmesan cheese for garnish only.
vegetable oil for frying.
1). Cook your double elbow macaroni according to directions. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside. (Please make sure you undercook these noodles just a little).
2). Start grating your cheeses with your grater. Place the cheddar and Gouda cheese in a large bowl and set aside.
3) In a big saucepan on the stove melt your 3 Tablespoons of butter. Once it melts add your flour by sprinkling it in the saucepan and mix well with the whisk- stirring out the lumps. Whisk in your 2 cups of the warmed milk into the mixture. Cook for approx 4 minutes till the sauce thickens.
4). Remove from heat and add the cheeses you grated from your cheese bowl. Stir well melting the cheese until it is melted and smoothed.
5). Add your cooked drained macaroni to your cheese sauce. Fold in the macaroni well and mix well with the cheese sauce. Season with salt pepper.
6) Butter a large square glass pan. Put your macaroni cheese mix in the glass pan. Place the pan in the fridge till the mac and cheese is cold- about 2 hours.
7) Using a Tablespoon Shape the cold mac and cheese into balls- about the size of an inch 1/2.
8) Place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil in the freezer for about an hour.
9) Take the balls out of the freezer, and one by one hold them in your hand and compress the balls to make them firmer and tighter.
9). Place them back on the cookie sheet lined with foil and stick them back in the freezer for one more hour.
10). In a small bowl place your 3 eggs and your 3 Tablespoon of milk and whisk set aside. In a zip lock bag place your Panko bread crumbs set aside.
11). Heat up your vegetable oil (You want enough to cover the mac and cheese balls).If you have a fryer than heat the fryer up. You know your oil is ready when you sprinkle water in the oil and it crackles.
12) One by one take your mac and cheese balls and dip in the egg mixture- then drop in the Panko bread crumbs. Coat each Mac and cheese ball good.
13). Dip the coated mac balls in the heated vegetable oil. They will be a light brown when they are done. Set on a paper towel to drain the oil. When all your balls are done- place in a warm oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
To make the sauce for the Cheesecake Factory Mac and Cheese balls
1) In a small saucepan on medium heat add the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce and stir well to combine.
2). Add the ricotta cheese, the Italian cheese, and the red wine. Stir well.
3). Add in the heavy whipping cream, and garlic powder. Stir well. Keep the sauce on low till you are ready to serve the Cheesecake factory Fried Mac and Cheese Balls.
How to serve
1). When you serve these Cheesecake Factory Fried Mac and Cheese balls you want to put a little sauce on your plate or bowl first.
2). Add approximately 2 balls to your serving plate.
3). L addle a little sauce on the top of the fried mac and cheese balls.
4). Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
If you love this- than you will absolutely love the recipe for the Cheesecake Factory Louisiana chicken pasta. It will go great with these mac and cheese balls as a main course.