- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
How to Make a Cheesy Loaf/Bread
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk, Luke warm
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon dry yeast, active or in active
- 3⅓ cups (500g) wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter, to grease
- 1/4 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- Mix Luke warm milk, yeast and sugar in the bowl. Stir well and allow it to stand for 15-20 minutes.
- In another bowl mix wheat flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat the yogurt to form a creamy texture. When yeast is activated that is it got the foamy texture mix both wet ingredient in the dry mix and mix well.
- If dough is too dry, add a little bit of milk or water or if it is too soft just add little bit of flour.
- Once all the ingredients are combined gently knead/ fold the dough together until it forms a rough ball as we make a dough for chapati
- Put the ball in the bowl, and cover the bowl tightly with cling wrap and a tea towel and place in a warm place to rise for at least 2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen almost double in size make Cheesy loaf from it. Kneed the dough with Cheese and form a dough.
- Pre heat the oven at 200ºC/392ºF.
- Form a rectangular shape which will be Kept inside the rectangular baking dish (I used Silicon one as de-moulding has no effort)
- Cover the mould tightly with clin wrap to get the dough rise approximately to be double for half hour.
- Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes at 200ºC/392ºF, or till bread is golden brown in color.
- Allow your bread to cool completely before demoulding around 15 to 20 mins.
- Once cooled demould the bread into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cheesy Bread taste best with Butter,Jam or can be used to make sandwiches.
You can keep Dough in your fridge for up to 4 days. You can freeze it, too. (With out adding cheese in dough.)
If you only have a small mouled reduce the amount of bread you make. If you put too much bread dough in the mould it will get dense.
© 2017 Rashi Goel