Cheesy Shrimp Noodle Sandwich Recipe
This new year I am on a cooking spree. This time I have brought you a sandwich-noodle combination. The dish is simple to make, can be prepared on your weekday evenings, and can be relished while you throw yourself on the couch, and watch that favorite TV show.
Here goes the recipe.
- Noodles (I use wheat for health but you may use white noodles for taste): 100 grams
- Small shrimps: about 20-25 in count
- Spring onions: 5-6, chopped to 1 inch pieces
- Green peas: a handful
- Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Bread (of your choice): 2 slices
- Grated cheese (mozzarella is preferred): 3 tbsps
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Prepare the shrimp (remove the skin, de-vein, and so on), and mix salt with it.
- Cook the noodles as per package instructions, and set it aside.
- Toast the bread (on a toaster or a grille or a pan).
- Heat oil in a pan, and fry the shrimps till they are half done.
- Add the spring onions and the peas, and fry till all of them are done.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan, followed by the soy sauce and the ketchup.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place half of the cheese on a bread slice, and top it generously with the cooked shrimp noodles.
- Add some more cheese, and complete the sandwich with the other slice.
- Place the sandwich at the center of a plate, and surround it by the rest of the noodles.
- Top the rest of the noodles with the rest of the cheese, it will slightly melt because of the heat from the noodles.
So the next time you want a quick meal different from your regular dishes you may want to try this one out.