- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Cheesy Squash as a side
- 1 Spaghetti or Acorn Squash, Large
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese, low fat or fat free
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, low fat or fat free
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Wash squash.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Put both halves in a microwave safe dish that has about 1" of water in it.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and microwave the halves for 7 - 10 minutes. Make sure you can pierce with a fork.
- Use a fork to scrape the flesh into strands.
- Cover each half with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of marina sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and sprinkle the Italian Seasoning on top.
- Place halves on a baking sheet and cook in a broiler for 3-5 minutes.
|Serving size: 1 half|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|