- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Who doesn't love a cherry cordial? Well me, but a lot of my friends and family do. So instead of buying pricey boxes from the store during the holidays why not make your own? Cherry cordials are a traditional candy recipe that are a fruity and decadent chocolate covered dessert. Cherry cordials are surprisingly simple to make. The hardest part is dipping them in melted chocolate. I hope you enjoy them.
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 4 1/2 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 80 maraschino cherries, drained
- chocolate, (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Blend in milk, vanilla and almond extract.
- Once all combined scoop portions of the mixture with a spoon and shape into half inch balls.
- Take a cherry and press it into the center of each ball.
- Refrigerate the balls until slightly firm and solid.
- Prepare desired chocolate for dipping according to package instructions. (some chocolate can be melted in the microwave others are more effective on a double boiler which can be improvised by putting a smaller pot on top of a larger one filled with boiling water.)
- Once chocolate and cherry balls are ready, dip them into the chocolate so they are completely covered. Place on wax paper to cool.