- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Chicken Chile Enchiladas
Chicken Chile Enchiladas are excellent served with a variety of sides such as Cilantro Lime Rice, Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, or a salad.
Throw a Fiesta! This dish complements any combination dinner that you may prepare, such as Fajitas, Mexican Lasagne, Burritos, Tacos, Tortilla Soup, etc.
I always have grilled onions, sliced avocados, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, Pico De Gallo, guacamole and sour cream prepared for toppings. I also serve Nachos and/or Salsa and Chips.
Definitely don't forget the Margaritas!
The Whole Enchilada
- 2 c Chicken (cooked), diced or shredded
- 1 c Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1-1/2 c Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c Roasted Red Peppers, sliced or diced
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 c Sour Cream
- 1 can (14 oz) Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pkg (8-10 inch) Flour Tortillas
- 1-1/2 c Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Ingredients for Toppings
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare chicken with your favorite Mexican spices.
- Saute onion and garlic in EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) until tender and slightly browned.
- Mix chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, roasted red peppers, green chilies, onion, garlic and sour cream together in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Spread 3 teaspoons of enchilada sauce on each tortilla shell, top with 1/2 cup chicken mixture. Roll tortilla up and place seam side down in glass baking dish. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Spread cheddar cheese over tortillas.
- Spray a sheet of foil with cooking spray, cover the glass baking dish with foil (sprayed side down).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 5-10 additional minutes until nicely browned. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional toppings.