- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
A Chicken Curry Recipe Your Kids Will Love
This is one of the few curry recipes I've tried that kids love. It's an easy dish that can be prepared ahead of time, frozen, or served when company comes over. This recipe is designed for people who never quite know what to do with their left over chicken. It's a staple in our household and sure to be one in yours too!
- 3 cups chopped chicken, cooked
- 3 cups broccoli, cooked al dente
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups croutons, smashed
- Microwave fresh broccoli (til al dente) or thaw a bag of frozen broccoli. Drain and layer on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- In a bowl, combine cream of chicken, mayo, lemon juice, chicken, and curry powder.
- Spread the chicken mixture on top of the broccoli.
- Scatter shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Add the croutons and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
How to serve it?
Chicken curry can be dished up right onto a plate and served with a simple green salad and bread. However if you want to add some variety, consider this alternative.
Add 1 extra can of cream of chicken soup to the mixture so it's a bit creamier. Boil some pasta- thin spaghetti works well. To serve, spoon the chicken curry over the spaghetti and serve with cranberry sauce on the side. It's delicious!