- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Chicken Egg Fried Rice Recipe.
Chicken Egg Fried Rice
This recipe is for both kids and adults. It is very tasty dish, easy to cook and is liked by both children and adults. This recipe contains egg, chicken and rice which are all liked by everyone including children. This dish is especially for those mothers who have tough time to make their children eat well or for those parents who always complain that their children don’t eat anything.
I have been told by many of my friends who have read my hubs that ingredients are not easily available so I have put some Amazon.com links for them.
1. Basmati Rice: 250 grams / 8 oz
2. Chicken breasts: 3, skinless, boneless, cut in to small cubed.
3. Coconut milk: Canned, 400ml / 14 fl oz.
4. Coconut edible portion: 50 grams/ 2 oz chopped.
5. Lemon: Very thin pared zest of 1 lemon.
6. Cilantro / coriander roots: 3 finely chopped.
7. Green Chilly: 1, fresh, deseeded and chopped.
8. Thai Basal Leaves: 3 fresh.
9. Fish Sauce: 1 Tbsp.
10. Olive oil: 1 Tbsp.
11. Eggs: 3 beaten.
12. Chives : fresh
13. Springs of Cilantro: fresh
Ingredient number 12 and 13are for garnishing.
Do you like fried rice
1. Soak rice for 30 minutes.
2. Drain them and cook them in boiling water for 15 minutes.
3. Let it cool.
4. Put them in fridge over night.
5. Take a heavy base pan.
6. Put in chicken.
7. Cover chicken with coconut milk.
8. Add coconut pieces, cilantro roots, lemon zest and chilly and bring the mixture to boil.
9. When it boils then bring down the heat to simmer.
10. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
11. Now check the chicken. If it is tender remove from heat otherwise cook for another couple of minutes or till chicken is tender.
12. Now stir in basil and fish sauce.
13. Now heat oil in a heavy base pan and stir fry rice in it for 3 to 4 minutes.
14. Now take the beaten eggs and put them in the rice and stir.
15. Keep stirring till the eggs are cooked and mixed well with rice.
16. Take 4 small oven proof bowls.
17. Pack them with rice.
18. Cover with plastic wraps.
19. Now turn the bowls carefully over the serving plates.
20. Remove plastic wraps.
21. Garnish with springs of cilantro and long chives.
22. Serve it hot with chicken.
1. If Basmati rice is not available then you can use Jasmine rice too.
2. Always use heavy base pan where mentioned or ingredients might stick to base.
More Cooking Hubs By Me
- Balti Chicken
Balti chicken is one of the main dish from Indian cusine. It gets its name balti chicken because it is served in a Balti ( small bucket). It is not only very tasty dish but it is easy to prepare and don’t take hours or extra ordinary skills to make.
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo
- Whole Chicken Soup
This is another wonderful chicken soup. Tasty to eat. easy to make, pleasing to serve,healthy and light on stomach. Kids love it. Try it out.
- Chicken, Avocado And Chipotle soup
Soups are very important part of the food. They are usually used as appetizers but can be used by those who are on diet as soups usually are very healthy and have very less calories. Also since these days we usually put lots of fibrous ingredients in
- Chicken and tarragon soup
Another very healthy and tasty soup recipe. Children love this soup. Last time we had one of my nephew loved it and he is only 6.
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used.
- Tuscan Chicken
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Vegetable Curry With Tofu
Tofu is a kind of cheese made from Soybean. Since soybean is the richest source of proteins so it is very healthy. This dish has lots of vegetables and tofu so it is definitely very healthy as it is rich in proteins but very low on fats and literally
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty