Mexican Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 extra large barbecue chicken
- 1 green spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 large flour tortillas
- sour cream
- green olives, sliced
- lettuce, shredded
- carrot, grated
- 750g vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh coriander leaves
- 30g sachet taco seasoning mix
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
How to make it.
- To make sauce, place the tomatoes, the coriander, the taco seasoning mix, the garlic and the 3 green spring onions in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Remove skin and bones from the chicken. Finely shred the meat. Place in a bowl with onion and half the cheese. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sauce. Divide the mixture evenly among tortillas. Roll up to enclose filling.
- arrange enchiladas, seam-side down, in the base of a large, greased rectangular ovenproof dish. Spoon over the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook, uncovered, in a hot oven (200 degrees) for about 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Top the enchiladas with guacamole, sour cream and olives. Serve with lettuce and carrot.
You can replace the barbecued chicken with shredded poached chicken breasts if you prefer.