- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry
Rate This Recipe
About Chicken Fajita Stir-Fry
This stir-fry will knock your socks off! It’s so easy to make and has big flavor and a bit of spice, and here’s a little tip about it: You can prep all the veggies in advance. Then, when you get home after a long day at work, all you have to do is heat the oil in a skillet and you’ll have dinner within a few minutes. Serve it over rice. or on a tortilla or just eat it straight out of the skillet. You can also top it with guacamole, sour cream, salsa or tomatoes for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner.
I used chicken breast, mushrooms, onions, jalapeno, red.green and yellow bell peppers in this dish. You can easily substitute in your family’s favorite vegetables, other great choices are snow peas, yellow squash, zucchini, and carrots. This also really good made with beef, shrimp, or without any meat at all.
I also recommend using a cast iron skillet for this recipe, while you can use any skillet oh hand, I find cast iron caramelized the veggies the best and brown the chicken well. I have added a link to the one I use at home and love and for the price, it is well worth it.
Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breast halves, cut in thin strips
- 1 large 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, chopped (not drained) (opt for extra heat)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
- Combine all spices in a small bowl and set aside
- In bowl add chicken, chili with adobo, 1/2 of the lime juice, and 1/2 of the spice mix, stir together and let sit 30 minutes
- In a cast iron or non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 the oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl to coat skillet. Spreadchicken in a single layer, with the marinade. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then stir-fry for 2 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, vegtables, Stir-fry until vegetables are slightly charred and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes addchicken, other 1/2 of spice mix, and lime juce stir-fry till chicken is cookedthough about another 2 mintes. Season with salt.and pepper
- Serve with warm tortillas,or on rice.