Easy Chicken Breast Italian Recipe Romantic Dinner for Two
Chicken Breast Italian Romantic Dinner for Two
Setting the Tone for a Romantic Dinner
What's the single most important ingredient to set the tone for a romantic dinner?
Prepare to Dine with Romance
If you're in search of a romantic dinner idea for the first time you invite your date over to dine, consider trying this Chicken Breast Italian recipe. It's a tasty Italian-themed dish that is super quick and easy for the amateur cook who wants to impress.
The combination of herb seasonings, savory tomato sauce, dripping mozzarella cheese, covering a tender chicken breast fillet, will add to the success of your special dinner date at home.
Dating can be quite expensive, depending of course on who's paying. A change of scenery may be the perfect way to ramp up the romance and save money at the same time. Why not try a home-cooked meal to show your date a few of your culinary skills?
Cooking can be a very sexy way to share a first date at your home instead of ordering carry out food. This recipe for Chicken Breast Italian is suggested as the way to go to secure a second date.
Chicken Italian Versus Chicken Parmesan: A Bit of History
The names "Chicken Italian" and "Chicken Parmesan" are sometimes used interchangeably when referring to this popular chicken dish. But there are differences between the two. The major difference is that Chicken Parmesan is the better known and more traditionally Italian-American dish that includes grated Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
Chicken Parmesan finds its origins in "Parmigiana," from Southern Italy, made by layering tomato sauce, cheese, and eggplant. Later variations included breaded meat cutlets such as veal and chicken. The cutlets are covered with egg and bread crumbs, fried, and baked with the other ingredients.
In this Chicken Breast Italian recipe, there are no eggs or bread crumbs, and no frying. Therefore, this version has less calories, less sodium, and less fat. It is a more Italian-themed than traditional Italian dish, with variations that offer easier preparation and a healthier dinner option.
Ingredients for Chicken Seasoning and Tomato Sauce Mixture
- 2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed of fat
- tomato sauce, 8 ounce can
- mozzarella cheese, 2 to 3 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- teaspoon thyme leaves
- tablespoon poultry seasoning, (or Bell's Seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- teaspoon rosemary, crushed leaves
- teaspoon oregano leaves
- teaspoon garlic powder, (these remaining ingredients for sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- tablespoon pesto
- 3 heaping tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, Kraft or freshly grated
- teaspoon sugar
Well-seasoned Chicken Breast is the Key to Tenderness and Flavor.
Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce Mixture
- Rinse chicken breasts with water and lemon juice. Pound chicken breasts with a tenderizing tool to ensure tender and succulent texture and flavor. Place in small to medium size 3-inch deep baking dish. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. Drench with olive oil and vinegar, making sure that herbs and seasonings evenly distribute over the chicken breasts. Set aside for seasoning to set in.
- Pour tomato sauce into a small mixing bowl. Add parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, pesto, and sugar. Stir well, set aside.
- Put chicken breasts in a preheated 375 degree oven, uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove temporarily to carefully pour tomato sauce mixture onto chicken breasts, cover with baking dish top or foil and return to oven. Cook for another 8 minutes or so. Check that tomato sauce is bubbling then carefully lay 2 to 3 slices of mozzarella cheese on top of sauce and chicken. Return to oven, covered, for another 2 to 4 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove each breast, one at a time for plating. Spoon tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese onto plated chicken breasts. Pair with pasta and vegetable which can be quickly prepared while chicken is baking. Serve with your favorite Italian white wine (drink responsibly).
A Hot Plate to Impress Your Date
Chicken Italian For Two: A Romantic Dinner Option
Italian-themed Ambience Sets the Tone For Your Romantic Dinner
© 2012 Janis Leslie Evans