Combinations that go best with chicken kurma.
- It can be eaten with any kind of flavored rice like ghee rice or jeera rice.
- It also tastes good with plain white rice.
- It can also be eaten with chapathi, any kind of naan or roti.
- 900 grams chicken
- 250 grams frozen grated coconut
- 20 cashew nuts
- 4 spoons canola oil
- 4 green chili
- one and a half onions
- one and a half spoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 3 spoons yogurt
- one and a half spoon coriander powder
- 1 spoon cumin powder
- half spoon salt
- 1 spoon black pepper powder
- half a bunch coriander leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 3 green cardamom
Instructions on how to make cashewnut and frozen grated cocnut paste.
- Take around 20 cashew nuts and 250 grams of frozen grated coconut. Put them in a blender and make a fine paste. Add water if necessary while making the paste. The mixture should be semi-solid.
Cashew nut paste
- Chicken kurma should be cooked under medium heat throughout.
- Cover the wok when cooking and mix the contents in the wok every 3 to 4 minutes to avoid the contents in the wok from sticking to its bottom.
Instructions on how to cook chicken kurma.
- Add whole garam masala(1 cinnamon stick, 5 cloves and 3 green cardamom), 1 tablespoon of mustard seeds and 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds in quick succession. Cook for about 4 minutes. You will know the spices are done when the emanate a sweet smell.
- Add sliced onions onions and 4 finely sliced green chili in quick succession. Add half a spoon of salt. Mix thoroughly. Cook until the onions turn slightly golden brown. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Add one and half spoon of ginger garlic paste and 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder in quick succession. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the finely blended frozen coconut and cashew nut paste. Mix thoroughly. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes until the oil starts oozing out of the mixture.
- Add 3 spoons of yogurt. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add one and half spoon of coriander powder and 1 spoon of cumin powder in quick succession. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add chicken. Cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 spoon of black pepper powder.Cook for about 5 minutes. Add about one and a half cup of water at this stage. Also add salt according to taste.
- When the chicken is almost done add half a bunch of finely cut coriander leaves and let it simmer for a few mimutes.
© 2015 serenity