This is a spin on your typical lasagna, using chicken, white sauce, and spinach in place of your normal ingredients. Amounts below are close to what I use, but I don't really measure when cooking these types of dishes. Adjust ingrendients to suit your tastes if needed.
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 box lasagna pasta
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups spinach, pre-cooked, frozen spinach is fine
- 1-2 cups bread crumbs, italian
- 2 jars alfredo sauce, any flavor alfredo sauce works
- parmesean cheese, shredded
- romano cheese, shredded
- bacon bits, optional
- olive oil
- italian seasonings, oregano, basil, garlic, etc
- fresh garlic
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Boil the noodles according to the box. While these are cooking, saute onion and fresh garlic in a pan with olive oil. Add chicken to this pan and cook through until chicken is done. Season with italian seasonings if using. Salt and pepper would also be added here.
- While noodles and chicken are working, drain excess water from spinach and dry on a paper towel. Set aside until time to build lasagna.
- When noodles are done, drain and let cool. Be careful not to let them stick to each other!! In a large bowl, combine chicken, onion, garlic, alfredo sauce, and bacon bits if using.
- In a rectangular baking dish, place one layer of noodles. Cover with a medium layer of chicken mixture, just enough to cover all the noodles. Sprinkle spinach over the chicken, not to cover, just here and there. Sprinkle both kinds of shredded cheese over spinach layer. Cover with next layer of noodles.
- Repeat layering until last of noodles and mixture is used. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with bread crumbs, shredded cheese, and bacon bits, if using.
- Place in oven for about an hour, or until top is browned and bubbly.