- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so easy to make. Ground chicken marinaded with spices and diced vegetables make it a healthy and tasty appetizer that will appeal to most everyone. What's more, because it is lighter than most appetizers your guests will still be hungry for whatever spectacular meal you have planned to serve!
Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
- Substitute Chicken with 1 package firm or extra firm tofu
- Wrap Tofu in paper towels and squeeze gently to remove liquid.
- Pan fry in Olive Oil until browned and cut into small pieces
For a Gluten Free version use Organic Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce or Kikkoman Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. Ground Chicken, browned and drained
- 2/3 cups Water Chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- 2/3 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/3 cup Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper thinly sliced and diced
- I Green Pepper thinly sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Ginger
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbs. Sesame Oil
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice
- 1 head Boston Lettuce
- In a 2 quart glass bowl blend seasonings, water, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in vegetables, water chestnuts and chicken. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring once.
Chicken Lettuce Wrap Filling Preparation
- Heat Sesame Oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté Chicken and Vegetable Marinade mixture on high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in Brown Rice
- Reduce Heat to medium and cook for 7-10 minutes.
Delicious Toppers for Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chinese Hot Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Hot Chili Sauce
- Garlic Chili Pepper Sauce
Separate the leaves from the head of Boston Lettuce. Rinse and drain well.
I served the Chicken Marinade mixture and Boston Lettuce leaves separately and allowed everyone to fill their own wrap.