- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Super Summer Lettuce Wraps
Why use lettuce for wraps?
Why use lettuce for wrap you might ask. First of all there is absolutely no fat or cholesterol contained in lettuce. Add that to the fact that there is only 15 calories in each serving and you have a terrific, delicious way to help you lose and maintain your weight. No wonder they are becoming so popular. Another thing is, you can wrap just about anything in lettuce and it will taste good. What a wonderful delicious way to eat healthy.
How to prepare lettuce to be used in a wrap
It's really quite simple and only takes a few minutes but you will be glad you took the time.
- Rinse head of lettuce thoroughly to make sure you have removed all of the dirt hiding in the leaves.
- Shake off all excess water. I also blot lightly with a paper towel.
- Set lettuce aside for a few minutes on paper towels to allow it to dry a little more.
- Lightly tap the stem of the lettuce against the edge of your counter top to help loosen it. Wiggle it a little to loosen it a little more and cut around the stem.
- Separate leaves from each other to finish drying.
**Make sure the lettuce is dry. There's nothing worse than a super soggy lettuce wrap.**
Chicken and Brown Rice Lettuce Wrap
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 cup shredded leftover chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 8 large lettuce leaves
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan and add chopped vegetables.
- Saute vegetables until onion becomes transparent (Approx. 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add shredded precooked chicken and mix well. Saute for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Add pre cooked brown rice and aute til warm (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Divide mixture equally on lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with olives. Wrap securely and enjoy.
|Serving size: 2 wraps|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 4 g||6%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 10 g||3%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|Cholesterol 20 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Chicken Nugget Wraps
12 frozen cooked chicken microwavable nuggets
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
4 slices of onion, thinly sliced
ranch dressing, to taste
Microwave nuggets according to package directions.
Place two large lettuce leaves on each plate.
Divide shredded lettuce and onion slices between the four lettuce leaves.
Spread Ranch dressing according to taste.
When chicken is done, cool for a minute, then place on top of dressing.
Wrap securely and enjoy.
***Note*** There are two wraps per serving.
Chicken Vegetable Lettuce Wrap
2 cups lefttover chicken
1 large zucchini
1 large yellow squash
1 medium onion
1/2 green pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Heat oil in medium size frying pan.
Slice zucchini, squash, onion and green pepper into thin slices and saute on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Add chicken and continue to saute for another minute or until chicken is warm.
Pour contents of frying pan into a colander to drain and let set for about a minute.
Meanwhile, take out 4 plates and place two large lettuce leaves on each.
Divide chicken and vegetables among leaves, wrap securely and enjoy.
***Four servings, 2 wraps per serving***
- Lettuce Wraps - Asian Chicken Wraps
The first time I had a lettuce wrap was several years ago at my friend Diane's house. I have no idea now what she had done, but there was a variety of fillings and they were absolutely delicious. I love Asian flavors to begin with, and the crisp...
- Tuna and Avocado Wraps
Tuna and Avocado Wraps - A quick and easy, low fat, high protein, and cheap meal that can be modified to the tastes of each individual.
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so easy to make! Ground chicken marinated with diced vegetables and spices make it a healthy and tasty appetizer that leaves room for the main course.
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Thai cuisine is preferred by most, because of its healthy nature and spicy ingredients. You won't regret trying out these wondrous Thai chicken lettuce wraps, prepared in just 15 minutes.
- Gluten-Free Asian Lettuce Wraps
Try these savory gluten free asian lettuce wraps for lunch or dinner. They are light, healthy, gluten free, and delicious!
- Chili-Lime Rotisserie Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Eating healthy has become on of americas most important things to do, because it can help you improve on your life span, but it should not make you love the taste of food that's why I want you to try this...