Chicken Liver and Gizzard Adobo Recipe
Adobo is considered as The Philippine National dish. This popular Filipino dish is usually prepared using chicken or pork but lamb and seafoods can also be used. The most common version uses chicken or pork, some uses both. This recipe that I would like to share is made using chicken innards, cooked the Filipino way, and is best served with steamed white rice. The combination of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and peppercorns is delicious and actually preserves the gizzard and liver. I like my adobo dark, which is why I use soy sauce. But you can substitute salt for soy sauce if you want. You may also want to try adding chicken thigh in this recipe. This stew is very tasty and stays longer even without refrigeration. You can refrigerate or freeze it. This dish reheats well.
If you want you can use chicken and pork. Check this Chicken and Pork Adobo Recipe.
- 1/2 Kg chicken liver
- COOKING OIL
- 3 CLOVES garlic, crushed
- 1 cup white cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 whole peppercorns
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
How to Cook Adobo
- Wash chicken liver and gizzard thoroughly under running water.
- Saute chicken gizzard and liver in a little oil.
- Add the garlic, peppercorns and then pour in vinegar and soy sauce.
- Let it boil.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until gizzard is tender.
- Saute onion in a tablespoon of oil in a separate pan.
- serve on plate and then top with onion rings and serve.
- MORE GREAT FOOD RECIPES HERE:
Check our recipe collection of famous Asian dishes here from Adobo to Curry, desserts and drinks