Recipe For Chicken Nizami
Cook time: 40 min
Ready in: 40 min
- 1 kg Chicken
- 8-9 nos. Garlic cloves
- 2 inch Ginger
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 4-5 nos. Green Cardamoms
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- 7-8 nos. Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 nos. Dried red chillies
- 1 no. Fresh coconut, Grated
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 4 tsp Cream, Whipped
- to taste Salt
- 3-4 nos. Bay leaves
- 4 nos. Green chillies, Minced
- 4 tsp Curd
- 4-5 strands Saffron (kesar)
- 2 tsp Hot milk
- to garnish Coriander leaves
- Clean and wash Chicken properly. Cut it into medium sized pieces.
- Chop onion and grind it to a fine paste.
- Grind garlic and ginger to a fine paste.
- Combine cumin seeds, poppy seeds, cardamoms, cloves, dry red chillies, turmeric, half coconut, salt and cinnamon. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Mix 1/2 cup of water in remaining half part of coconut. Grind and strain in muslin cloth to get coconut milk.
- Heat ghee in a Thick bottomed pan. Add onion paste to it and stir. Saute till it gets golden brown.
- Add Ginger garlic paste to the pan and mix well. Saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add the grinded masala and bay leaves in pan.Mix it well. Cook for 6-7 mins on slow flame.
- Add chicken pieces and mix properly. Add 1 cup water and cook till chicken is 3/4th done.
- Add curd, green chillies, coconut milk. Mix well and cook till chicken gets fully cooked.
- Add cream and kesar soaked in hot milk. Cover the pan with lid and simmer it for 3- 4 mins.
- Remove in serving dish. Garnish with coriander leaves.