2 Best Chicken Recipes (Chicken Tortilla Soup & Buffalo Chicken Dip)
Hot Chicken season coming up...
With the cold weather coming our way and football season upon us, we need some good recipes to celebrate and what better ingredient to include in good recipes than chicken? Chicken just makes everything better. Here are a couple excellent chicken recipes that are super easy to make and perfect for the season.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken broth (14.5 ounce) 12 packs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) cream chicken soup
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, boiled, drained and shredded
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 packet (1.27 ounce) fajita seasoning
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 8 ounces monteray jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- The first thing you need to do is prepare your ingredients. Go ahead and mince the garlic (unless you bought it already prepared), chop up the onion and grate your cheese.
- Melt the butter in a very large pot over medium heat. When it is all melted, add the garlic and the onion and saute for about 5 minutes until the onion turns soft and appears clear.
- Add the flour and stir often, cooking for only one minute
- Add the broth and half-and-half.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup until it is well blended.
- Add your choice of salsa. (This recipe calls for one cup, but I added two. It gave the soup for of a “salsa” flavor.)
- Drain and rinse beans and corn and add them to the soup along with the shredded chicken. (I boiled my chicken prior to starting the soup and then just tore it into strips and tossed it in the soup when it was ready.)
- Add the cumin and fajita seasoning and stir well. (At this point, I added a cup or two of the grated cheese. The original recipe uses the cheese for after the soup is prepared, though. Either way is fine.)
- Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- When the soup is finished, add some tortilla chips to a small bowl and pour some soup over top of it. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and a spoonful of sour cream and Voila! You have some delicious soup to enjoy on those cold nights.
Note: This recipe makes a LOT of soup. It's perfect for a large family but if you don't want that much you can half the ingredients to make less.
Rate this recipe
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: about 30-40 minutes
Ready in: 40-50 minutes
Texas Pete Hot Sauce, 12 Ounce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) of hot sauce (Texas Pete Hot Sauce is perfect)
- 1 bottle (16 ounce) of ranch dressing
- 2 packages (8 ounce ) of cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 1 package (8 ounce) of shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil the chicken until tender. Allow to cool and then shred into small inch long pieces. (I use kitchen scissors to cut up the chicken, it's much easier).
- Put the chicken pieces into a 13x9 inch pan and add the entire bottle of hot sauce. Mix around until all the chicken is coated in the hot sauce.
- In a saucepan, heat up the ranch dressing and cream cheese on medium heat. Keep stirring until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour evenly over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the entire bag of cheddar cheese evenly on top of the ranch dressing/cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until the cheese is bubbly. Be careful not to keep it in too long. You don't want the cheese to start to turn brown.
- Allow to cool a little bit and then mix it all up and put it in a large serving bowl.
- Open up a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy!
Have you tried these recipes before? Or did you try it from here? Leave your thoughts and ideas for the world to see.
Give us options to better this recipe. We will consider including them within the article.
Also if you would like to know the recipes for other food items, do let us know and if it's within our reach we will get you the recipe as soon as possible.
Do check out our 3-in-1 pies recipes
As usual if you enjoyed this article make sure to comment, rate, like and share it. For more recipes follow me on HubPages.