- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Easy Chicken and Veggie Stir-Fry
Chicken Stir Fry
Chicken Stir Fry is a wonderful way to combine your meat and veggies into one main dish. It's easy and fun to make. Choose your favorite veggies or use whatever you have idling in the produce bin in your fridge. Add your choice of complimentary spices. Ad lib cooking makes you feel creative! The resulting dish has unique flavoring and is pleasing to the palate.
Choose Colorful Veggies
When it comes to the vegetables you would like to add to your stir fry, use your imagination! Spinach, Broccoli, Asparagus, Carrots and Snow Peas are delicious in stir fry. The more vibrant the color of your vegetables, the healthier it will be.
- 1 1/2 lbs. Chicken Tenders, fat trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium Zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 Green Onions thinly sliced including stems
- 20 Baby Bella Mushrooms halved
- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp.
- Sesame Oil
- Granulated Garlic 2 tsp.
- Minced Onion 1 tsp.
- Ginger 1/4 tsp.
- Chili Powder 1 Tbsp.
- Black Pepper 1/4 tsp.
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- Cornstarch to thicken liquid
I do have a wok but love cooking in my electric frying pan. It doesn't have to be "seasoned" and I feel I have better control over cooking time and temperature.
- Heat Olive Oil, enough to coat the bottom of the pan, at 300 degrees.
- Add Chicken Strips.
- While Chicken is cooking sprinkle with Garlic (I love Garlic! I used 2 tsp. to start with) and Minced Onion. (I added 1/2 tsp., crushed).
- Add Sesame Oil, about 1 tsp.
- Add 1/4 tsp. Ginger and 1 tbs. (more or less depending on your preference) Chili Powder.
- Stir Chicken frequently to coat all pieces in oil and spices.
Stir in the Vegetables
- Add Red and Green Peppers, Zucchini and Green Onions.
- Sprinkle with Garlic Powder and Chili Powder and a pinch of Black Pepper.
- Continue to stir frequently.
- Add Bella Mushrooms.
- When veggies are crisp tender add Chicken Broth and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cornstarch (2 tsp. mixed in 1/4 cup cold water). Continue to stir until liquid is thickened.
- At this point I added some left over Couscous, stirred well, turned heat to low and covered until we were ready to eat.