Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Cranberry Curry
What do you have in your fridge?
This recipe is a great way to use up some of the last few bits of fresh vegetables you have in your refrigerator. You can substitute pork for chicken or omit the meat completely. If you make it with less broth, you can eat the vegetables on their own, without rice or a starch underneath. Experiment with this and make it yours.
Review this recipe
- 3 tbls Curry Powder, Yellow
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbls Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper, Cayenne or Hot Paprika
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, Can adjust to taste
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Sliced Onion
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 2 cups Sweet Potato, Peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/2 - 1 cup Whole Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Peas, Frozen cook best
- t tbls Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Diced tomatoes
- 3 cups Broth, Chicken or vegetable
- Cook chicken thighs in pan with olive oil. Slice onion, add to pan. Cook until the chicken and onions are both brown.
- Add spices and broth. Slice up chipotle pepper and add, using a little of the adobo sauce if you want it to be hotter. Stir in tomatoes.
- Peel and cut up sweet potatoes, add to mixture.
- Cover and cook for half an hour on medium heat. Sauce should be bubbling slowly the entire time.
- Add peas and cranberries in the last half hour.
- Towards end of cooking, add lemon juice. Serve over rice if dired. If no rice needed, cook with lid off until liquid is reduced and eat plain.
|Serving size: 487g|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 33 g||11%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 40 g||80%|
|Cholesterol 97 mg||32%|
|Sodium 4198 mg||175%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|