Chicken Tikka BBQ
- 1 whole skinless chicken cut in to 4/6 pcs, Ask your butcher to make tikka pieces.
- 1 packet tikka masala, I prefer Shaan Tikka boti masala
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Wash chicken pieces and using a sharp knife, mark deep cuts on each piece. (this helps to ensure the marinade penetrates through the meat)
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl and add tikka masala, lemon juice, cooking oil, tomato ketchup, yogurt, honey and ginger garlic past. Mix it well and let it marinade for 3 hours.
- 1st COOKING OPTION: Prepare charcoals (you should follow the instructions given by them manufacturer) Once charcoals are prepared put chicken pieces on the top of the grill and after every 2-3 minutes turn the pieces so that the meat is cooked evenly. Whilst cooking, keep on pouring the marinade that was left on top of the pieces to give it a more juicy and spicy flavour. Take it off the heat when all pieces are thoroughly cooked.
- 2nd COOKING OPTION: (in case you don't have charcoal bbq) Put the marinated chicken in a pan, cover it with a lid and steam on low heat until chicken is tender. Take out the chicken pieces and if any water is left in the marinade just dry it off until it gets a thick gravy like consistency. Take a frying pan, pour 2 tbsp cooking oil and put the chicken pieces in the pan. fry each side until it turns brown.
- Serve it with nan and salad or pulao rice.