Chicken Tikka Pulao Rice
- FOR CHICKEN MARINADE:
- 2 cups boneless chicken, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons chicken tikka masala, (or you can prepare by mixing salt, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, lemon juice)
- 1 medium Onion, cut thin slices and fry it till golden brown and set aside
- FOR PREPARING RICE:
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon whole zeera
- 1 small onion
- water as required
- First, marinade chicken cubes by adding ginger garlic paste, tikka masala, yogurt and ketchup. Set it aside and start preparing rice.
- Take a deep pan, add oil and brown the small sliced onion. Add zeera and then add enough water to make sure its enough to cook the rice. (eg. for 1 cup rice you will need 1 1/2 cup water) Once water dries up put the lid on and steam the rice for a while till the rice are thoroughly cooked.
- Now, take a frying pan add a bit of oil and put all of the marinated chicken in it and stir fry. Cook till all the water dries up, stir it continuously so that chicken doesn't get burn. Once the chicken is cooked add the brown onions that you set aside in the beginning.
- Now pour the chicken mixture on top of the cooked rice and put the lid on. After 5 minutes you can take off the lid and serve.