Chicken Wrapped in Bacon [With Pictures]
I love experimenting in the kitchen, and I think I saw this concept while watching TV. I forgot what they called it but I did remember them wrapping chicken in bacon. While I was racking my brains for a quick lunch dish, I decided to do my own version of it. And by "my own version," I mean cooking with whatever I have in my kitchen.
- 4-pc Chicken breast, boneless/ skinless
- 1 pack Bacon
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Lemon jucie, From half a lemon
- Rosemary, Or any herbs you have.
- Salt & Pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- No chicken stock? No probem, just dissolve a chicken bullion in a cup of warm water.
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towel then sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Wrapped the breast with a strip of bacon. It took me 2 bacon strips to wrap a chicken breast.
- Drench the chicken breast in cornstarch then place it back in the fridge for about 10-15 min so the cornstarch would stick to the chicken.
- Heat a pan and put enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Pan-fry the chicken. No need to cook the chicken through, we just want a golden brown crust to form around the chicken. Remove from oil and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- After frying all the chicken, remove excess oil from the pan then add chicken stock, lemon juice, and rosemary. I used dried rosemary but you can opt to use any fresh herbs you have in your kitchen. Bring to a simmer.
- 6. Put the chicken back in the pan and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. When cooking the chicken in the broth, no need to turn the chicken so the other side remains crispy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!