Chicken tamale pies
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, Or cooking oil of your choice
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 cups Yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup Onions
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño
- 32 oz Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded cheese
- 1 to 2 lbs Chicken
- 1/2 cup Corn
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook chicken on stove top with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Transfer to bowl and shred chicken. Add 1 tbsp of olive to pan and add onions, cumin and jalapeños and cook for 5 minutes until soft for the filling.
- Add your shredded chicken, corn and salsa to the filling. Stir well. Add salt and pepper.
- Make your own crust : STEP 1 Whisk cornmeal with 1 1/2 cups cold water. STEP 2 In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water, salt, and pepper to a boil. STEP 3 Gradually stir in cornmeal mixture. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring often, until very thick, 4 to 5 minutes. STEP 4 Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted.
- Pour 1/4 of crust in each baking pan. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add filling evenly in each pan and top with shredded cheese of your choice.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until filling is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes
Making my own crust
Preparing my pies with crust
Have you ever had a tamale before?
- Prime Instant Video
Amazon Prime Instant Video
Add filling and top with shredded cheese
Out the oven
Hopefully you can find time to prepare this for your family and they enjoy it. Please let me know how yours turned out.
Add sour cream, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes on your tamale pie for more flavor.