- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chicken vegetable and ginger salad Recipe
Chicken vegetable and ginger salad
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing or do not eat vegetables. Try to give this dish to children and see the plates being empty quickly. Again this dish too is easy to make and ingredients are easily available in stores as well as on amazon.com or ebay.com
1. Chicken breasts: 4 skinless and boneless.
2. Scallions: 4
3. Ginger: 1 inch / 2.5 cm piece
4. Garlic: 2 cloves crushed
5. Vegetable / peanut oil: 2 Tbsp
6. Vegetable / peanut oil: 1 Tbsp
7. Onion: 1 large sliced.
8. Garlic: 2 cloves chopped.
9. Baby corns: 120 grams / 4 Oz halved lengthwise
10. Snow peas: 120 grams / 4 Oz halved lengthwise
11. Red Bell Pepper: 1 seeded and sliced.
12. Cucumber: 1 peeled and sliced.
13. Thai Soy sauce: 4 Tbsp.
14. Jaggery : 1 Tbsp
15. Thai basal leaves
16. Egg Noodles: 200 grams/ 6 oz.
1. Take chicken breasts and cut them in to large cubes of about 1 inch.
2. Now chop the scallions.
3. Finely chop the ginger.
4. In shallow dish mix oil, chopped scallions, chopped ginger and crushed garlic.
5. Add chicken in to this.
6. Now cover and leave this for 4 to 5 hours to marinate.
1. Take a large pan.
2. Heat oil.
3. Add sliced onion in to it and cook for couple of minutes.
4. Now add remaining vegetables except cucumber to this.
5. Cook for couple of minutes.
6. It should be tender by now.
7. Add jaggery, cucumber, 2 Tbsp and basil.
8. Mix gently.
9. Now soak the noodles in hot water for couple of minutes or as instruction says.
10. Drain them well.
11. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp on noodles and arrange them on serving plates.
12. Now top the noodles with the cooked vegetables.
13. Now in the same pan add some oil if required.
14. Now put the pan on high heat.
15. Cook till chicken is brown on all side.
16. Now arrange the chicken on top of salad.
17. Serve it hot or warm.
Tip: if Jaggery is not available then you can use soft light brown sugar.
Do you like to eat healthy food
- Mushroom Bhajji
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Bombay Potaoes
This is a very simple potato recipe. It is used all over India and is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish during travelling and eat it with puri and man
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used.
- Prawns In Coconut Milk
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Fish Tikka
Fish tikka is one of the authentic Indian cooking. This dish is definitely Punjabi and since there is no sea near Punjab so only fresh water fish is used in this dish. Fish Tikka is famous now in all over India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and in parts of wo