Chicken Korma Recipe
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to other dishes from South India but it has very fine texture. This dish is typical of Hyderabadi cusine . It was developed in the Mughal era and most Nawabs ( Kings) of Hyderabad were very fond of this dish.
1. Chicken : 3 pounds
2. Butter / Ghee : 250 grams / ½ pounds
3. Garlic clove : 1 crushed
4. Onions finely chopped : 4
5. Red chilli powder : 1 Tsp
6. Ginger: 1 inch grated.
7. Turmeric Powder : 1 Tsp
8. Cinnamon grounded : 1 Tsp
9. Salt : ½ Tsp
10. Grounded coriander ( cilantro) : 1 Tsp
11. Milk : 125 ml/ 4 fl oz
12. Gram flour: 1 tsp
13. 500 ml / 18 fl oz cream
14. Coriander leaves to garnish
15. Rice freshly cooked to serve with.
1. Take a large pan with lid and heat water in it.
2. Add full chicken in the boiling water and cover the lid.
3. Reduce heat and simmer it for 30 minutes.
4. Now remove pan from heat. Remove the chicken and put it in a plate to cool.
5. Keep the water aside to be used later.
6. Now when chicken cools a little, remove the bones and skin and discard them. Now cut chicken in to small 1 inch pieces.
7. Now take Ghee/butter in a large pan and heat it on medium.
8. Now add onions and garlic in it and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Now add grated ginger, cinnamon powder, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, cardamom and salt and cook it for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
10. Now add the chicken pieces and 125 ml / 4 fl oz of saved water in to this and cook it for couple of minutes.
11. Now in a separate utensil mix the gram flour with the milk and add this to chicken mixture.
12. Now bring the chicken mixture to boil and then simmer the heat.
13. Cover and heat it on simmer for another 25 to 30 minutes.
14. Now add the cream, stir it and put the lid and simmer it for another 15 to 20 minutes.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with rice.