How to Make Chinese Chilli Chicken at home
Chili Chicken Recipe
Chili chicken is one of my daughter`s favorite Chinese dish, It is not complicated at all and can be a real time saver for one of those hectic days when you need a satisfying meal. I have mentioned my recipe below, let me know if you like it!
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup green chili, slit open
- 4 tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- 4 tablespoon vinegar, white
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper, Diced
- 2 tablespoon chinese red chili, paste
- 1 spoon salt to taste
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoon canola oil
|Serving size: Per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 10 g||40%|
|Protein 20 g||40%|
|Cholesterol 62 mg||21%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, wash, dry and place in a pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with cornstarch, salt and combine well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the 3 cups of oil for about 10 minutes. When the oil is really hot, deep fry the chicken pieces till they turn brown from the outside and then place them on a paper towel to soak all the excess oil.
- In another wok, heat the 2 tbsp oil and add the garlic and ginger. Saute for two minutes and add the sliced onions. Saute the onions till they are soft and translucent making sure they are not brown.
- Add the green chilies, chicken, soy sauce, salt and red chili paste to the pan and cook on high heat till the chicken pieces are tender. Add the green pepper and mix well.
- the chicken is cooked, remove from heat and add the vinegar.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot with steamed/friend rice or noodles.