- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Chilled Rum and Cantaloupe Soup
Fresh and oh so wonderful
If you are looking for a fresh and incredibly tasty chilled soup, you simply must try this chilled rum and cantaloupe soup. Fresh and rich, this soup will immediately become a favorite of you and your guests.
- 2 Cantaloupes, Peeled and Diced
- 1/4 Cup Butter, (Half a stick to sauté)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Orange Juice, Fresh is better
- 1/4 Cup Mango Chutney
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- To start, you will sauté the cantaloupe until it becomes slightly soft.
- Next, add the mango chutney, orange juice and coconut milk stirring as you pour.
- Simmer the mix until the cantaloupe become very soft, but not transparent.
- Take the mix and blend in a food processor or a regular blender.
- Empty mix into a large bowl and add the cream and the rum stirring as you pour.
- Finally, chill the soup and serve it cold.
I hope you love the soup, and the ease with which it can be prepared.