Things You Need
- 1/2 kg Chicken breast, Cut vertically into 1-inch broad strips
- 1 Red Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 5 Red Chillies, 3 Sliced and 2 chopped
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 4 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- Oil, To fry chicken strips
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Chopped
- Parsley, Chopped, For ganishing
Chicken cut into strips
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Add chicken in a bowl. Then add black pepper, 1/2 tbsp salt, egg, cornflour and flour. Mix them together.
- Marinate the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Slice green pepper, red pepper and red chillies. Keep them aside.
1. Take the marinated chicken and deep fry it until the chicken is tender.
2. In a pan heat 1/4 cup oil. Add garlic and ginger to it and cook it until the ginger and garlic is golden brown.
3. Then add tomato puree, ketchup, red chilli flakes, chopped red chillies, salt and water. Cook until the sauce thickens.
4. Lastly add green pepper, red pepper, sliced red chillies and fried chicken strips.
5. Cook for 2 minutes.
6. Dish out your chilli chicken and garnish it with freshly chopped parsley.
7. Serve it with garlic rice.