Chilli Pakora :Batter Fried Chilli Peppers
Rate the Recipe
Popularity of pakora
Chilli pakora is very popular in India and Pakistan. It is served as a side dish with other pakoras and samosas. In some places and restaurants chill pakora comes as a condiment with other snacks and meals.Chill Pakora is eaten with roti(flatbread) mostly which calms down its heat. The bigger the chili the mild it would be in taste.Chilllis are a good source of vitamin C. For making pakora I suggest bigger and milder ones do better. Deep frying can further calm the hotness of the peppers.
Ingredients of chili pakora
- 1 cup Chickpea flour or besan flour
- 6-8 Big green chilli pepper, Pick out bigger variety as they r milder than others.
- 2 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp carom seedsoptional
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala, optional
How to Make Batter
- in a mixing bowl add gram flour / chickpea flour ,salt,chilli powder,carom seeds,lemon juice.
- Add about a cup of water and mix well with a whisk to make a smooth batter.
How to Make chili Pakora
- Wash chilli and pat dry.
- Cut slits in chills like shown in the picture. Make sure NOT to cut through the whole pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.( Check out my other pakora recipes to learn how to heat oil to the right temperature)
- Coat chilli peppers one by one in batter.
- Drop chili peppers in oil and cook for few minutes on each side keeping the flame low until the pakoras become crispy and light brown.
- Take out chili pakoras on a platter lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve with chutney enjoy alone with the sauce of your own choice.
Pictorial Guide to making chilli pakoras
Gram flour or Besan flour on Amazon
© 2015 Ash