Samosas or Patties
Samosas or Patties are favorite of most people specially those who like fried edibles most. They are made with so much variation like with vegetable filling, meat filling or mixture of both like meat and vegetable filling. They taste awesome cooked any way. Samosas can also be called a patties as they are also filled with mixture and made in different shaped. Samosas can be given any shape you want like Patties. Well today i have shared my recipe of samosa some other time it will sharing my patties recipe with you.
- For Dough
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds, crushed
- For Filling
- 1 large Capcicum, small thin slices
- 1 large Carrot, small thin slices
- 1/2 small Cabbage, small thin slices
- 1/2 cup Peas, Boiled
- 1/2 kg Chicken mince
- 1 tsp Ginger, paste
- 1 tsp Garlic, paste
- 1 tbs Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper, powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli, crushed
- 1 tsp Hot souse
- 1 tsp Soy Souse
- 1 tsp Worcestershire souse
- 1 large Lemon, juice
- 1 large Onion, Round large slices
- 2 tbs for mixture, 3 cup for frying Oil
- For Dough: Take a mixing bole add flour, salt and cumin seed powder. Now pour water slowly and mix with hands gently. Make a smooth soft dough using hands. Put it aside and cover it for half an hour.
- Filling Mixture: Take a deep Frying Pane add oil and onion cook for a minute, add ginger/garlic paste again cook for a minute. Now add chicken mince and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add hot souse, soy souse, Worcestershire souse, black pepper powder, salt, crushed red chili and lemon juice. Cook till oil becomes visible.
- Now add vegetables like peas, capsicum, carrot and cabbage. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Mixture is ready.
- Samosa: Take dough, make 4 bolls with it now start rolling one of them. Cut in half, add mixture in middle on one half and rape from one side then other samosa is ready. Do the same with the rest.
- Now take a deep frying pan add 3 cup oil. Start frying homemade delicious Chinese Samosas. Serve hot.
You can try ready made samosa Strips available in market. It will save your time and the taste will be good.
Well this is the part on which we have to concentrate. As people who are weak and old can have samosas as much as they like as it is filled with a large number of calories. But people who are already suffering fat problem or have blood pressure or heart disease should consider its intake as it can harm their health. So be conscious before you eat samosas on tea time. Or if you are the lady of the house consider the health of all the people in house.