Chinese Spring Roll Recipe
I got this recipe from a Chinese friend of mine. This is the most authentic spring roll recipe that I have ever try. If you are looking for Thai, Viet or spring rolls from other countries, skip this. This is 100% Chinese authentic spring roll.
- 1 Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 300 gram minced pork
- 1 tablespoon XiaoXing Wine (Chinese wine), (or Cherry)
- pinch salt and pepper
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pack spring roll paper
Spring Roll paper
- mix the wine and cornstarch with the minced pork and set aside
- Cook the sliced Chinese cabbage until they get soft
- add the chicken stock with the Chinese cabbage and let them cook for another 10 minutes
- add the minced pork into the cabbage
- add the grated carrot into the mixture
- cook until the whole mixture get thick. Add cornstarch to the mixture if it's too thin, or add water if the mixture is too thick. The right consistency is when the juice of the mixture can stick to the ingredients, that would make them stay ok with the spring roll skin
- Have the mixture get completely cool down. ( I have the ingredients done 1 day in advance when also helps to get the mixture more sticking with each other)
- put the spring roll skin on a flat surface, and put a spoonful of the filling on top, roll it like a spring roll!
- Use some water to close the end
- when done, prepare a pan of oil which covers the surface of the pan
- fry the spring rolls until both sides are brown
- serve with Chinese vinegar, soya sauce or sweet chili sauce!
If you are serving this as snack, this recipe can serve up to 8 -10 persons. But yeh, it's so yummy that I tend to make more so people can enjoy as much as they want!