- Food and Cooking
Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
Here is a ridiculously easy stir-fried dish to fix. If you are a vegetarian or in raw food diet, you must be familiar with bean sprouts. This delicate and perishable vegetable is abundantly available in the market throughout Asia. Asian love them in soups, salads or stir-fry dishes.
Stir-fried bean sprouts is simple, quick, easy and tasty dish. I think stir-fry is the best method for fixing bean sprouts: quick and intense cooking will bring out the natural sweetness of the sprouts but at the same time, you still can taste their wonderful crunchy texture.
Sweet, crunchy, salty and garlicky but yet low in sodium and high in fiber. This dish will be a favorite at your dinner table. A perfect vegetarian dish for everyone, even for non-vegetarian.
Sprouter and Sprouter SEeds
6 cups bean sprouts
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/2 tsp salt
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp bean sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp soy sauce
How to Fix
- Put bean sprouts in a colander. Wash and rinse under cold running water. Then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- To make sauce: in a small bowl combine bean sauce, salt, soy sauce and rice wine.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When hot add cooking oil. Then add garlic. Stir-fry until the garlic is fragrant. Throw the bean sprouts in and stir-fry about 1 minute or until they are just limp.
- Add spring onions and the sauce. Continue to cook just about 45 minutes, not more than 1 minutes or until bean sprouts are tender-crisp. Do not overcook.
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the sprouts to serving plate.
Cooking Tips: How to Pick Bean Sprouts
More Chinese Recipes
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. How To Make Auspicious Dish.