Chinese Vermicelli and Meatballs Soup
Chinese Vermicelli is locally known here in the Philippines as Sotanghon. In different areas it is called bean threads, bean thread noodles, crystal noodles, or glass noodles. This is a thin, super brittle and long noodles and will become clear and slippery when cooked.
This noodles also varies in thickness. In groceries and markets, there are Chinese Vermicelli sold that comes flat and thicker than the usual.
This recipe will feature the ordinary Chinese Vermicelli sold in usual markets. Plus, meatballs and different vegetables to add more tastes and flavor.
I call this dish Sotanghon and Meat ball Soup, but for my foreign friends, I will call this, Chinese Vermicelli and Meat Balls Soup.
I also add some vegetables like carrots, Baguio Beans, spring onion and many more.
Please rate my recipe
Ingredients for Meat balls
- 1/2 cup ground pork
- 1/2 of a medium carrots - Finely chopped
- 1/2 of a medium potato - Finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 medium onion - finely chopped
- 1 egg yolk - beaten
- 1 spoon flour
- ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Soup
- 2 pack Chinese Vermicelli or 8 ounce
- 7-10 pieces of Baguio beans – chopped
- 1 medium carrots – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- 10 cups water
- 1 piece egg – beaten
- 1 spoon salt and pepper to taste
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
This recipe features a chicken soup that comes creamy and with different vegetables like moringa, carrots, potato and many more. This is best paired with fried dishes.
Procedure for Meat Balls
- Just add all the ingredient and mix well.
- Form into balls and set aside.
Procedure to Make the Soup
- Saute garlic until roasted and add onion.
- Add Water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat balls and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and Baguio Bans and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the Chinese Vermicelli and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add egg and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
Over cooking the vermicelli will make it absorb too much water that will lead into lapsed noodles.