- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Homemade Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I really like cheesecakes. I always have trouble finding the prefect store bought one, so I worked on making my own recipe for a chocolate one. This one has a chocolate graham cracker crust and a chocolate topping. This is great by itself or served with fresh raspberries, a dollop of whipped cream, or dusted with grated chocolate; or all three. Enjoy!
Prep time: 40 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
Cool time: 45 minutes (15 minutes; Then 30 minutes)
Chill time: 4 hours
1 sticks (1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter; melted
40 chocolate graham cracker squares (approximately 2 cups); crushed
1 tablespoon white sugar
24 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
4 ounces (8 tablespoons) ground chocolate
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 whole eggs
1 egg yolk
¼ cup milk
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) brown sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 cup chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar until incorporated.
2. Press mixture into the bottom a 9-inch springform pan.
1. In a large mixing bowl using an egg beater or standing mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until combined.
2. Add chocolate. Mix until combined.
3. Add whole eggs and the egg yolk all at once. Beat at low speed until combined.
4. Stir in milk.
Topping: (make this after cheesecake is baked, while it is cooling)
1. In a small sauce pan over low heat melt together sour cream, brown sugar, and chocolate chips.
2. Constantly whisk together until melted smooth. (It will take some time before the chocolate starts to melt so be patient.)
1. Pour cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan.
2. Place on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake in 375 degree f for 35 to 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken a little.
4. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
5. Make topping while cake cools.
6. Spread topping over the top of the cake and make sure it evenly covers the entire cake. Cool for 30 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before chilling in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
More Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Tilapia with White Rice Recipe
Here is a quick and simple recipe for tilapia with rice. It's a healthy white fish with great flavor. Enjoy!
- Easy And Simple Homemade Thousand Island Salad Dress...
Most of us buy salad dressing from the store not realizing we can make it at home and make it taste even better than the store bought stuff. This is my recipe for Thousand Island. Enjoy!
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
Here is a recipe for a peanut butter cheesecake with chocolate chips and a chocolate topping. Enjoy!
- Mint Ice Cream With Mini Chocolate Chips Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. Enjoy!
- Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. Enjoy!
- Baked Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Here is a recipe for a baked peanut butter pie, made in a similar fashion as a cheesecake or pumpkin pie Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!
- Lemon Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust Recipe
Here's a recipe for a lemon cream pie with a shortbread crust. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. it's one of my favorites. Enjoy!