- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is one of my favorites; it's two of my favorite things put together; ice cream and chocolate chip cookies. I thought making it at home instead of buying it at the store would be fun; However, it is a time consuming recipe. You are basically making two desserts to mix together into one. Sure, you can, if you want, just buy a tube of premade cookie dough and cut it into bits and use that. But if you want to go that extra mile, here’s how you do it from scratch.
1 cup All-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon Baking soda
1 stick (½ of a cup) salted butter, softened
1/2 cup White sugar
3/8 cup Brown sugar (1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons)
1/2 tablespoon Vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
For Cookie Dough:
1. In a mixing bowl, sift together, flour, salt and baking soda.
2. In a standing mixer, blend the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until butter is fluffy and a lighter color.
3. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate dough while you make ice cream.
For Ice Cream:
Follow these direction for my vanilla ice cream to make the ice cream:
For Cookie Dough Ice Cream:
1. After you have made and churned the ice cream, Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and cut it in to 1/2 inch chunks and roll them into balls.
2. Scoop ice cream out of the machine and it into a large mixing bowl.
3. Using a spatula, fold the cookie dough chunks into the ice cream (it will be soft-serve and easy to fold). Be careful to do this quickly before the ice cream starts to melt.
4. When the dough and ice cream are well mixed, scoop ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze overnight before serving.
Other Ice Cream Recipes By Edgar Arkham
- Mint Ice Cream With Mini Chocolate Chips Recipe
Here is a recipe for homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. Enjoy!
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream Recipe
Here is a recipe for peanut butter ice cream. it's one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- Three Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
I love making homemade ice cream. I thought I would share some of my personal recipes and see if you like them as much as I do.