- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffins - one of the most popular favorites for a type of muffin but yet difficult to find a decent recipe. It is also one of my favorite types of muffins.
One day, I was craving chocolate chip muffins but I wanted to try to bake them myself. I searched online trying to find a decent recipe. I came across one recipe that included brown sugar and decided to give that recipe a go. Those muffins ended up being the worst muffins - and worst item - I have ever baked my entire life. That's how terrible the recipe was. Plus I am not fond of using brown sugar at all! The recipe, needless to say, did not work for me at all.
After coming up with no good results for other recipes, I decided to take matters into my own hands and figure it out on my own, with my own "trial and error." I started using my Strawberry Cinnamon Muffin recipe as a basis. After lots of trial and error - and getting better and closer to figuring it out each time - eventually, I had finally cracked the code to amazing chocolate chip muffins!
I decided to share my recipe with all of you!
Here is my Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup of semi - sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup
Special equipment: muffin tin and muffin liners
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Do not over mix. Add in the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter (with an ice cream scoop), evenly into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Add the 1/4 cup of chocolate chips by spreading around the amount on top to each muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out with a few crumbs but not wet.
- Cool in the pan to room temperature.
I hope you enjoy the muffins as much as my friends, family, and I do! Happy Baking!
© 2012 Alyssa Scheidemann