- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
How to Make Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies . Simple, Healthy and Delicious.
Please rate this recipe. Thank you!
Delicious and Healthy Cookies
This cookie recipe includes protein and reduces sugar. Created as a snack for my daughters to take to school - the loud "yummy" that came from both girls merits passing the recipe on. This recipe could also be adapted to wheat and gluten free by replacing the flours with 1/2 cup almond flour 1/2 cup brown rice flour and steel cut or gluten free labelled oats.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream honey, butter and sugar in blender until creamy
- Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time) and beat
- Add flour(s), oatmeal , flax seeds and baking powder and beat further until combined
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until combined
- Lightly grease cookie sheets. Using a spoon place cookies on baking sheets and bake at 375 c for 10 mins.
- Allow the cookies to set on cookie sheets and then cool on wire rack. Keep in biscuit tin or sealed container for up to three weeks. (With kids in the house - they will not last that long!)