Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate lovers, here's the cookie for you. Filled with chips and chunks this chewy and moist chocolate cookie fulfills any chocolate lover's sweet tooth. Perfect for any occasion and great with a cold glass of milk.
For those who prefer less chocolate you can easily remove either the chips or the chunks. Sometimes I make half the batch with just chips and add in the chunks halfway through. This leaves the cookies less sweet and chocolate-y which some people prefer.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cookies:
- 1/1/4 C. Brown sugar
- 3/4 Stick Crisco butter
- 2 Tbs. Milk
- 1Tbs. Vanilla extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3/4 C. Flour
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Tsp. Baking soda
- 3/4 C. Chocolate chips
- 3/4 C. Chocolate chunks
- 1 Package Chocolate fudge pudding mix, (Other chocolate or even vanilla pudding mix would work as well)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. I don't grease my cookies sheets as that results in flatter cookies, however it is totally up to you. If you are choosing to, now would be the time.
- Combine sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Be sure to completely dissolve the sugar so you don't end up with grainy cookies.
- Beat in egg
- In another bowl combine flour, salt, pudding mix, and baking soda. Add the chips and chunks now and coat them in the flour. By adding them now you are preventing them from falling to the bottom of your cookies during baking.
- Add into creamed mixture just until blended. Be sure not to over mix as this will cause your cookies to come out dense.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto sheet and bake 8-10 mins for chewy cookies.
- Cool 2 minutes and enjoy!
Great for family gatherings, holidays, picnics, and just because. These cookies are super easy to make and never last long in my house. With the moist, chewy chocolate cookie and those added little sweet pieces chips in every bite, these cookies are delicious and loved by all the chocolate lovers in my life.
© 2012 Cholee Clay