- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookie Bars
Looking for a quick and easy cookie that's sure to be a crowd pleaser? Why not try these?
- 1 cup Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, (Shh! That's my mom's secret. It makes all the difference in the world.)
- 2 oz. (or more if desired) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Bar, broken into bits. Substitute : 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla, (Optional)
- Mix together shortening and brown sugar. Add in white sugar, eggs, mixing well. Next add your flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until well blended.
- Add in the chocolate bits, coconut, and vanilla. Mix well.
- When cookie mix is ready spread in a well greased 9x13 oblong pan. Place in pre-heated oven and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve plain or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Quick tip: To convert to cookies follow the same recipe. Using a tablespoon, teaspoon, or even a melon baller, drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Additional and Fun Facts
Don't have brown sugar? You can make your own! Using plain white sugar measure out the amount needed. Add dark brown molasses and mix together.
Adding baking powder to your cookies will make them rise better and add a thicker texture to your dessert. Making them more enjoyable for those eating them.
© 2014 Bakerosity