- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers Recipe
When I was a kid one of my favorite cookies wasn’t a cookie at all. It was a chocolate cover graham cracker. I hadn’t had one it the longest time until I spotted some at the grocery store and picked up a bag(s). Ever since then, I’ve been buying them every time I go to the store. But, since I had a box of graham crackers and a huge bag of chocolate chips in the cupboard, I thought I try to whip up some on my own. For this recipe I added a topping of crushed Peanut Butter Crunch cereal, just to finish off the box of it. Obviously you can skip this step, but they do add a little chocolate, peanut butter cup flavor.
18 2x2-inch graham cracker squares
1 cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup Peanut Butter Crunch cereal (crushed)
A small whisk
Medium glass bowl and Medium sauce pot (sized so that the glass bowl is just a little bit larger than the pot; i.e. a double-boiler configuration)
1. Put a ½ to 1 inch of water in the sauce pot.
2. Heat water over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
3. Place chips in glass bowl and place on pot (make sure that the bowl doesn’t touch that water in the bottom of the pot.) *Note: See picture below for example of double-boiler.
4. Heat chocolate chips over the hot water for 4-5 minute, constantly stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
5. Remove pot from heat. Leave the glass bowl on top of the pot.
6. Dip one side of the graham crackers, one by one, in the melted chocolate and place on a plate lined with wax paper or a cooling rack. (There should be enough chocolate to cover one side of each graham cracker.)
7. Sprinkle the crushed Peanut Butter Crunch over each of the chocolate covered graham crackers while the melted chocolate is still warm.
8. Allow the chocolate to cool and hardened completely in the refrigerator before serving.
More chocolate recipes by Edgar Arkhsm
- Whole Wheat Cupcakes With Chocolate Peanut Butter Fr...
Here is a recipe for some tasty cupcakes using whole wheat flour. Enjoy!
- Homemade Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
This is my recipe for whole wheat oatmeal cookies with dark chocolate chips. They're more healthy than plain cookies and taste great. Enjoy!
- Homemade Steel Cut Oat Scones with Chocolate Chips
Here is a recipe for chocolate chip scones made with steel cut oats. Enjoy!
- Homemade Chewy Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies Re...
Here's a recipe for chewy whole wheat chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy!
- Chocolate Cheesecake With Chocolate Graham Cracker C...
This is my recipe for a chocolate cheesecake. Enjoy!